4oz soft margarine
6oz caster sugar
6oz self raising flour
4 tablespoons milk
2 large eggs
Grated rind 1 lemon
3 tablespoons icing sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Grease & line 2lb loaf tin or small round tin.
2. Set oven to 175C.
3. Cream Margarine & sugar.
4. Add eggs, sifted flour, lemon rind & milk.
5. Mix well to soft dropping consistency
6. Put in tin, smooth top & bake for 40-45 mins until firm.
7. Mix sifted icing sugar with lemon juice.
8. Pour over cake as soon as it comes out of oven.
9. Leave in tin until completely cold.